Government should work for the people. As part of the Councilwoman’s efforts to ensure our local city government is serving the people with accountability and transparency, the Councilwoman has undertaken legislation that provides equity for Angelenos and directly addresses concerns of her constituents.
Innovation and Efficient Government
- Adopted legislation to use CARES Act funding to expand Tech2Go Hotspot Loan Program
- Adopted legislation to accelerate telecommunications projects expanding internet connectivity in underserved communities
- Introduced legislation calling for a moratorium on debt collection during the Safer at Home Emergency Order
- Introduced a motion directing the City to prohibit the purchase of goods and services created from prison labor. The motion mandates that all products (including food) made from prison labor must be disclosed to consumers in Los Angeles.
- Introduced legislation calling for a pilot Good Food Zone Policy to address the lack of affordable healthy food in neighborhoods in the Seventh Council District.