2nd Annual Drone Light Show and Festival Featuring Queen Nation
LOS ANGELES, CA – Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez’s Celebration of Independence marks the 2nd Annual Drone Light Show and Festival featuring headliner Queen Nation, July 2, 2023, from 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM at Hansen Dam Soccer Fields (11658 Foothill Blvd. Lakeview Terrace, CA 91342), free and open to all ages.
The festival is back with live music, food trucks, vendors, resource booths, and – a drone light show with iconic images that honor the Seventh Council District and the City of Los Angeles.
“I’m excited to present the 2nd Independence Day Drone Light Show Festival. The inaugural event was the first in the City of Los Angeles, with thousands in attendance. I created this community event as a modern way to celebrate Independence Day without the dangers of traditional pyrotechnic fireworks. I look forward to another fun-filled festival with additional surprises for families to enjoy,” said Councilwoman Rodriguez.
Councilwoman Rodriguez has worked with the community and curated a drone show with music and images that speak to the diversity and love of Los Angeles. This unique event invokes pride in our city and country and fosters togetherness.
The drone show is an innovative approach that offsets the environmental impacts of traditional pyrotechnic fireworks shows while still providing a celebratory experience. In many cases, fireworks threaten the community, causing injury and distress to people and animals, exacerbating the ecological effects of air pollution, and endangering communities in the Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone.
Producing the drone show is Bluemedia, the same company that produced the Super Bowl LVI NFL Experience drone show.
- Headliner: Queen Nation, performs sold-out shows across America and around the
- world, a live tribute to the iconic band Queen
- Opener: Maria Sanchez, a Chicana Soul and Funk artist who aims to evoke nostalgia,
- empowerment, and gratitude through her music
- DJ Les
- Joyas Divinas del Valle
- Drone Light Show
- Kids’ activities hosted by Discovery Cube
- And more!
- Taco Bite al Carbon, Frostbite Ice Cream, Wing Lord, Kona Ice, Aji Teppanyakai, La Michoacana, Birrieria La Mera Mera del Valle, Sweet Edna’s, The Shawarma Brothers, Compton Vegan
- KO Healing, Mercado El Catrin, Mexicali Boutique, Creation by Lety, Evez Garden, Yolis Folklore, Chomis Gomis, Lupita Art Shop, Alex Hats, Custom Hot Wheelz, Stickercompa,The Midnight Hour, Earthy Accents
- Council District 7, LASAN, GRID Alternatives
- Pacoima Beautiful, Proyecto del Barrio Youth Source, CARECEN, FTDNC, Clinica Romero, Youth Development Department, Climate Resolve, Making it Happen, CERTFoothill, Kids 1st, Serra Medical Group
All onsite parking lots will open to the public at 3:00 PM, two hours before the event begins.
Additional Parking: Shuttles will run every 15 mins. starting at 4:00 PM for overflow parking. The shuttle will be an approximately 10-minute drive. Shuttles will run from the following location:
- All Nations Church: 10000 Foothill Blvd, Lake View Terrace, CA 91342
- Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, Los Angeles Department
To watch a clip from the 2022 drone show, visit: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfr_TjsjRkx/ Press RSVP: Vanessa Diaz, email@example.com *
Media parking is limited; please contact us to reserve a space in the media lot.
# # #
About Councilwoman Rodriguez
Los Angeles City Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez serves as the Chair of the Public Safety Committee and represents the 7th Council District in the Northeast San Fernando Valley which includes the neighborhoods of Sylmar, Mission Hills, Pacoima, Lake View Terrace, Sunland, Tujunga, North Hills, Shadow Hills, and La Tuna Canyon. For more information, visit: https://monicarodriguez.org/.